Saturday 3 October 2015

#keepkickingass




BOTS Pune, A new place where I learnt to advance my skills not just at the bike shop but on the trails as well.

Been riding trails for about a year, Getting the Specialized Camber mid year of my madness helped me up my game. Never felt so connected to the trails that well through a bike ever before. Thought I really new my shit till I got to Pune.
Things changed, The trails were gnarly and steep! I caught my self asking is this what you guys ride here!  It was insane, scary and kickass!!
It was a challenge, To up my game again.  ate a good amount of dirt along the way... still do today. just a lot more faster n the lines this time.


Its not every day that you get up to a hill right behind your house, unless you live here in Pune.
Totally mind blown by the varies tracks on this one hill with varied skill level!
Have never been to a place where city and nature co existed with respect. Much required in this day and age.


Needless to say  commuting to work (BOTS PUNE) via the hill was more then ordinary. A nice climb to start up the ride and a flat out rush to the other side and a gnarly rock section to bomb through.

 The people I met here have thought me alot and have pushed me to ride faster as well to many names to shell out right now but thank you to the Pune mountain biking club who have also turned this xc rider obsessed with DH all the sudden!. Still have a way to go but will get there nun the less.



Days off were always fun. Would rush to the hills as soon as it starts to rain.

Its something about the rain falling down a your rushing down this section hell bent to improve your lines on this consistently changing (evolving ) track.
In the zone moment! pure addiction.

4 months have past  and its time to say my goodbyes to the hill. i will be back to shred some more,This is not a goodbye.

Now back in Bangalore where my craze for mountain biking started. It may not have the hills or the varies tracks that Pune does.
But they are bikers here who are looking to improve their game! I wish i had that person when i got into the game.
Have watched this "hobby" turn into a sport in India. Super excited to share what i have learnt in pune  to the Bangalore mountain biking club And help grow this sport!










Always remember keep kicking ass
photo credit - Nagesh wagh 

No comments:

Post a Comment